Harley-Davidson Rolls Into Daytona Bike Week
Harley-Davidson welcomes riders with warm sunshine and cool motorcycles as a new riding season kicks off in Florida during the 76th annual Daytona Bike Week. Harley-Davidson is the official motorcycle of Daytona Bike Week, and the Motor Company is ready to host riders from March 11-18 with special events, parties and free demo rides on all 2017 Harley-Davidson models, including Touring motorcycles featuring the all-new Milwaukee-Eight engine.
“If it’s March, you’ll find Harley-Davidson in Daytona,” said James Newton, Harley-Davidson U.S. Events Manager. “Each year the warm weather and clear roads of Florida reignite the passion for freedom we all feel when we twist the throttle. The bikes, the beach and the bonds of friendship are Daytona traditions that Harley-Davidson supports year after year. We invite everyone to swing by Harley headquarters at the Speedway to demo new motorcycles and have some fun.”
Harley Headquarters at the Speedway
Official Harley-Davidson Bike Week activities are consolidated at one action-packed venue located just off International Speedway Blvd. on the grounds of Daytona International Speedway. Open March 11-18, 9 a.m.–5 p.m. daily with free motorcycle parking, this expansive Harley-Davidson location will offer:
- Motorcycle demos: See and ride more than 100 new 2017 Harley-Davidson models including the just-released Road King Special and other Touring models powered by the potent new Milwaukee-Eight engine. The demo fleet also includes the nimble Harley-Davidson Roadster model, fabulous 2017 CVO models and bikes fully customized with Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Accessories.
- New Milwaukee-Eight Display Truck: Experience the all-new Milwaukee-Eight engine through technical displays and feel the rumble of this exciting new V-Twin on the Harley-Davidson® JUMPSTART™ Rider Experience. Check out the customized Harley-Davidson Rebel Freightliner truck and a display of new items from Harley-Davidson Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories.
- See It/Try It/Buy It: Demo new Harley-Davidson helmets and riding gear when you demo-ride a bike. A selection of new Genuine MotorClothes will be available for purchase on site, including Willie G. and H.O.G.® commemorative merchandise. Also, visit with Harley-Davidson fit consultants at the H-D1™ Fit Shop for any customization needs.
- H.O.G. Rally Point at the Speedway: Join Sam, Thor, Bruce and other Harley-Davidson staff members at the H.O.G. Rally Point. Relax in the demo lounge area, pick up a cool pin (exclusive for Harley Owners Group members), and check out a new Harley-Davidson Museum® display featuring The Race of Gentlemen.
Harley-Davidson Events During Daytona Bike Week
H.O.G. Rally Rendezvous
- Sunday, March 12 and Thursday, March 16, from 6–9 p.m.
- Location: Full Moon Saloon on Main Street
- Celebrate the 76th anniversary of Daytona Bike Week with fellow H.O.G.® members. Open to members and one guest with valid H.O.G.® membership card. Each attendee will receive two drink coupons and one food coupon. Capacity is limited.
Harley-Davidson Main Street Party
- Monday, March 13, 7 p.m. to close
- Location: Dirty Harry’s on Main Street
- Kick-off Bike Week with the Harley-Davidson crew and the amazing arena-rock tribute band Hairball.
MDA Women’s Ride
- Thursday, March 16, 8 a.m. registration
- Ride Start: Harley-Davidson venue at the Daytona International Speedway
- This woman’s ride, led by Karen Davidson and a team of Harley-Davidson female employees, will take riders through the back roads of Daytona Beach to Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson and Bruce Rossmeyer’s New Smyrna Harley-Davidson. For more information or to sign up, visit MDA Daytona Women’s Ride.
American Flat Track Daytona TT
- Thursday, March 16, 2 p.m.
- Location: Daytona International Speedway
- Ride to the races and cheer on the Harley-Davidson® Factory Flat Track Racing Team as it opens the 2017 American Flat Track season behind riders Kenny Coolbeth Jr., Jake Johnson and Brandon Robinson, each racing the powerful new Harley-Davidson XG750R competition motorcycle. The race will take place inside Daytona Speedway on an all-new 0.4-mile TT course featuring a jump. Go to American Flat Track for more information.
Amalie Motor Oil NHRA Gatornationals
- Friday-Sunday, March 16-19
- Location: Gainesville Raceway, 11211 N County Road 225, Gainesville, FL 32609
- Ride up to Gainesville and feel the rumble of Harley-Davidson® V-Twin thunder when the Harley-Davidson® Screamin’ Eagle®/Vance & Hines drag racing team opens the Pro Stock Motorcycle season for the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series. World Champion riders Andrew Hines and Eddie Krawiec will begin chasing another title and world-record times at this fast track. Go to NHRA for more information.
For the duration of Bike Week, Harley-Davidson is partnering with three iconic Daytona Beach Main Street establishments as the official motorcycle sponsor at The Bank and Blues Club, Dirty Harry’s and the Full Moon Saloon.