Honda Rebel 300 and Rebel 500 Young and Starter-Focused Custom Motorcycles
Honda’s new 2017 famed rebel models, custom bobbers, fuse tradition with ground-breaking new ideas and offer ample scope for owner customization. The new 500 and Rebel 300 mix old and new-school style – and are fun to ride, with an outlook geared toward a younger generation of riders.
“For many riders who have grown up through the digital age, motorcycles represent a lifestyle and an attitude, a means of expressing their individuality,” said Lee Edmunds, Manager of Motorcycle Marketing Communications at American Honda. “The machines that speak to these riders need to reflect this, to fit with their life while also offering the potential for further individualization. The Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 are simple and raw, offering cutting-edge style and a radical image while minimizing the barriers to riding. There’s literally nothing else out there like them, and we’re confident that both models will appeal to young riders who want to stand out and are open to new experiences.”
Honda Rebel 300 and Rebel 500
Simple and raw, Honda’s new Rebel models are exercises in straightforward, minimalist design where every detail matters. Low, lean silhouettes are crowned by iconic fuel tanks, aggressively raked front ends and fat tires on large-diameter wheels, along with a stamped-steel rear fender and narrow frame body, resulting in stripped forms that express offbeat individuality from every angle. The evocative round headlight sits up high in a die-cast aluminium mount, the speedometer is a compact dial with negative LCD display and blue backlight, and the ignition is housed below the left side of the fuel tank. Everything that can be is blacked out.
Both youth-focused customs promote cutting-edge style and self-expression
With a 471cc parallel twin, the Rebel 500 has strong bottom-end torque and a smooth, linear power delivery, while the Rebel 300 is powered by a peppy 286cc single cylinder engine. In both cases, the bikes’ riding positions are relaxed and neutral, with arms gently outstretched and feet dropping straight down to the mid-mounted pegs. The versatile rebels are fun to ride slow and fast, great for day trips, jaunts to the coffee shops or even sporty sessions on winding roads; low weights, slim frames and short seat heights equal agility at lower speeds, where good ground clearances allow surprisingly sporty lean angles. Both the Rebel 500 and Rebel 300 are available in standard and ABS versions.
Honda Rebel 300 and Rebel 500 Features
- Sporty Engine 300 – a single-cylinder with fuel injection, double-overhead cams and a counter-balancer. Because it’s a single, it’s light and super narrow, which helps reduce overall bike’s weight. It also offers the kind of torque and midrange power that’s well suited for all levels of riders.
- Rebel 500: the 471cc parallel-twin engine is narrow, which helps reduce overall bike size. Plus it offers lots of low-rpm torque, but plenty of higher-rpm performance.
- Low price
- Cast wheels
- Optional Accessories
- Blacked-out style
- Steel rear fender
- Wide front wheel
- Glass-lens headlight
- Classic instrument shape
- Black-out muffler
- Wide fork 41mm
- Low seat height: just 27.2 inches both models
- Single seat with optional passenger seat
Light weight: weighing just 364 pounds with a full tank of fuel; 500 is just 408 pounds with full tank of fuel.
- Narrow: Super-narrow, especially at the critical tank/seat junction, the Rebel makes it easier to get on and off the bike
- Rider Triangle: a rider makes contact with the bike at three points: the seat, the handlebar, and the foot pegs. The Rebel’s rider triangle strikes the perfect balance.
Honda Rebel 300 and Rebel 500 Engineering
- Superior Handling
- 9-Gallon Fuel tank
- Die-cast Aluminium rear subframe – function with an extra cool look
- Wide rear tire: low, fat 16-inch rear tire gives you plenty of grip, and helps lower the bike’s overall seat height and stance.
- Rebel 500: Matte Silver, Bright Yellow, Black, Red
- Rebel 500 ABS: Black
- Rebel 300: Matte Silver, Matte Pearl White, Black, Red
- Rebel 300 ABS: Black