There’s nothing better than riding into the sunset and the new ARAI CT-Z helmet takes the day’s tour by motorcycle or scooter into the night. The sun’s brightness can cause impairment to your vision and seeing the road ahead no matter the quality of your sunglasses or face shield. Arai helmet experts, brought out the CT-Z open face helmet with its peak/shield to enhance the riding experience shielding you from interfering light plus extending the side jaw area adding extra protection!
Improving on the revolutionary XC-Ram, the Arai CT-Z – a cross between an open-face and dual-sport helmet, is another example of Arai’s decades-long tradition of the improving on what works, not simply change for the sake of unproven change. Arai changes are functional.
The most telling feature of the ARAI CTZ helmet however is the extended coverage in the lower jaw-cheek pad area-extending 1-3/16″ forward compared to its earlier – and traditional – open face helmets. The look itself is advanced, and it provides options that allow the helmet to better suit each rider’s unique requirements. But like everything Arai does, the primary aim is to provide a better helmet.
Technically, that means providing a measure of lower-jaw protection that’s been missing from earlier open-face helmets that leave that part of the face exposed.
- Adjustable peak: Offers just the right amount of protection from the sun for just about any rider for those long rides heading directly into the sun.
- The Dual Pivot shield mechanism allows the shield to “flip-up” and under the peak at a low angle; this allows for a very low profile peak, reducing drag or “bucketing” at higher speeds.
- Upper Vent System: borrowed directly from the Corsair-V, improving the airflow and stability even further; DF-11 diffuser have larger vent toggles for easier operation.
- New fixed Air-Wing®: reduces lifting while providing more stability at highway speeds.
- New FCS™ cheek pad: New design is more similar to the full face helmet style; with a full-coverage EPS base and removable covers. This offers more support over a wider area, which allows for superior stability and comfort with minimal pressure, which might otherwise cause discomfort. And, like its full coverage counterpart, the FCS™ cheek pad comes standard with a 5 mm peel-away that allows for you to microfit your helmet to your facial structure.
- Dry Cool® liner: Fully removable Dry Cool® liner, with removable surface pads from both sides of the headliner. This allows you to fully customize the fit of the CT-Z, without the purchase of more padding.
- Vented neck roll: Takes advantage of the existing airflow from around the rider’s neck to further enhance helmet ventilation by extracting more heat buildup from interior.
- Ventilation: Front TDF-2 intake vents and the DDL-4 exhaust vent are a direct take off from the RX-Q. Side Cowl exhausts complete the ventilation upgrade.
- Intermediate Oval: All open face helmets have Arai’s Intermediate Oval (IO) shell shape. This shape is designed for the rider whose head has a front-to-back dimension that is longer than the side-to-side dimension.
- DOT and SNELL certified.
Who is the Arai CT-Z For?
The Arai CT-Z is an excellent day-to-day helmet. Superb for commuting and excellent as a long distance touring helmet. It’s further a good solution for dual-sport rider looking for a more open helmet design with superior ventilation.
Four colours to choose from: Aluminum Silver, Black Frost, Diamond Black, or Diamond White
Arai don’t build helmets to squeeze under the barest minimum of safety standards. We don’t build “DOT” helmets, or “Snell” helmets. We build ARAI helmets. To us, Snell and DOT standards are baselines, not objectives. The starting point, not the goal.
Arai build your helmet to our standards, toward the ideal of what “could” happen to you in an accident instead of simply what’s “likely” to happen. As a result of this effort a typical Arai helmet easily meets the world’s major motorcycle-helmet safety standards – with little or no modification.
Arai don’t build helmets to meet any safety standards; we build them to exceed the standards.