Liberty Sport Glide Sunglasses Give Motorcycle Riders Excellent On Road Vision
During any motorcycle ride no matter the time of year or season, you’ll need to be prepared for riding in the rain. The characteristic of riding, being a motorcyclist means the ability to adapt to ever-changing road conditions and weather.
Versatility is definitely a sought after feature when selecting your
All the years of riding various motorcycles, I’ve always had the
To fully enjoy riding your motorcycle along the open road ahead you need to be in full control of it. A major factor in managing your ride is the constant taking in of information from the environment you’re riding amidst and forward to. Constant scanning, sighting and interpreting details as you ride along ensure your safety and better equip you in managing your motorcycle and its manoeuvres. Sighting such risks as a pothole ahead, sharp corner coming up, or a deep puddle is key to your ride management. But when the sun is high, rising or setting, it can change how things appear on the road. Even “dead ground” can escape from your detection; camouflaged beyond vision. Due to these factors, good quality eyewear, not only for protection, but optimal vision is vital. The Liberty Sport Glide sunglasses do just that. In fact their Ultimate Driver polycarbonate premium performance quality ‘illuminates’ or highlights objects for better clarity.
Often I ride with a tinted visor in some of my helmets. However, I still tend to ride mostly with a clear visor, for convenience – so that means sun/glare protective eyewear is a must. My earlier review on the Chopper had me convinced I couldn’t see the road better with these quality shades. But then, the GLIDE with their Ultimate Driver polycarbonate premium performance lenses, gave me even more clarity to the road. Even when under an overcast sky the road, traffic and objects around it were well lit well seen.
The lenses, even with what appears to be an ultra-light tinting (soft amber accenting the tortoise finish frame enhanced inside with a rim of silver), filtered out the UVA/B rays.
There’s no glare even when peering directly up at the sky. And the best part too was the balance of object and background brightness.
Key Features for Motorcycle Riders
Liberty Sport, manufacturers of superior frames and lenses specific to handling the severities of sport have taken to focus on the needs of motorcycle riders.
- GLIDE style presents a more ‘designer’ fashion look versus the sporty look of the Chopper
- Frame is slightly harder than the Chopper; Head hugging temple design adds to frame comfort.
- Liberty Sport Ultimate Driver polycarbonate premium performance lenses:
- Hard Coat Premium Scratch Coating.
- 100% UVA & UVB Protection.
- Excellent peripheral vision
- Frame and arm design is comfortable in helmet
- Small sizing for women.
- Multiple colour styles – tested here tortoise finish with a more woman rider chic
- functional yet stylish/chic
- Lightweight – zero to minimal facial dints
About the Liberty Sport Glide Lens
- Ultimate Play Polycarbonate
- Unique balance of target and background brightness.
- Certified Protection
- Fog Block- A thermally cured anti-fog treatment that promotes clear and fog-free vision.
- Polarizing film: To increase contrast and reduce bothersome glare.
- 3 layer anti-reflective coating with scratch hard coat-Reduces glare and protects lens from scratching.
- Polycarbonate lenses meet ASTM F803 standards.
What your GLIDE Sunglasses come with:
- Semi rigid case
- Cleaning cloth
- Adjustable cord/retainer
Liberty Sport Glide Sunglasses Review Summary
The GLIDE succeeds in enhancing and protecting your vision. Engineered with motorcycle rider specific features. They perform beyond their retail price.
The lightweight feel and stylish look is unbeatable.
Suggested Retail 165.95
Read the Chopper Sunglass Review