BMW Motorrad riders and fans can look forward to a wealth of new developments and upgrades of tried and tested products. BMW MOTORRAD Rider equipment 2014 with first-rate safety features, along with high-quality leisure and fan items, make up a collection that will stoke up keen anticipation for the 2014 biking season.
The core of every motorcycle equipment range protects the head: helmets from BMW Motorrad regularly undergo a battery of tests to prove their integrity in terms of active and passive safety.
- Race helmet, for example, accompanies our riders on the starting grid of the International German Motorcycle Championship. But as a helmet is also an expression of the rider’s lifestyle, those sporting the BMW Motorrad brand name have to be in the “best of” category – in terms of material, technology, safety and design.
- The System 6 EVO helmet, the AirFlow 2 helmet and the new Legend helmet are textbook examples on that score.
This year BMW Motorrad presents the woman motorcycle rider with a range of state-of-the-art suits:
- Streetguard suit is a compelling professional touring suit with smart extras and comfort features all along the line.
- AirFlow 2-part summer touring suit, meanwhile, is ultra-light and boasts excellent ventilation.
- Sport 2 suit also comes with numerous new features and is designed for riders who are looking for wear comfort alongside sporty attributes and safety.
BOOTS AND GLOVES
- Water- and dirt-resistant AirFlow boot cover won’t catch you off-guard when weather changes
- The AirFlow summer gloves offer excellent ventilation and comfort are extremely light and provide a significant boost in safety.
- The Two in One gloves, weather and temperature changes are no longer an issue thanks to a revolutionary dual-chamber system that allows these sporty touring gloves to simply adapt to the prevailing conditions.
JACKETS AND TROUSERS
The women’s jackets are distinguished by their high levels of practicality and design appeal. With their fluorescent colour, the AirShell and NeonShell jackets ensure extremely good visibility.
The appeal of the FivePocket trousers lies in their laid-back design, but without any compromise on the safety front. They may resemble a casual pair of jeans but are in fact fully-fledged motorcycle trousers. The functional Summer trousers in casual cargo look are ideal for short trips or for riding in hotter climates.
FUNCTIONAL CLOTHING EXTRAS
The BMW Motorrad Rider’s Equipment range is rounded off by a comprehensive range of functional items of clothing.
- The Unisex PCM Ride jacket featuring high-tech Phase Change material acts as a kind of air conditioning system and cuts a fine dash whether worn on its own or under a motorcycle jacket.
- Offering practical assistance are the yellow unisex HighViz vest that ensures optimal visibility
- The unisex HeatUp vest with three heating levels keeps you reliably warm when temperatures drop – plugs into onboard socket.
- The balaclavas, helmet caps, neck warmers and tubes, all also unisex see to it that riding enjoyment remains unclouded – even on cloudy days.
A new addition to the range of active safety features are the NPL protectors, developed for optimum ergonomics with a design that boosts wear comfort as well as offering outstanding impact absorption. These protectors are used, for example, in the latest AirShell and NeonShell jacket models as well as in the FivePocket trousers
BETTER SIZE CHART
The items in the BMW Motorrad collections are divided into two categories allows for the best possible fit in the individual segments.
- Regular Fit is primarily applied in the “Urban” and “Sport” segments.
- The “Urban” cut is trend-oriented while the
- The “Sport” segment favours a functional, close-fitting cut. Examples are the AirFlow suit and the AirShell and Boulder jackets.
- Comfort Fit is the optimum cut for the “Touring” and “Enduro” segments. Here the focus is on the best possible wear comfort for lengthy or physically challenging rides. An example of this is the StreetGuard suit.
- The range of sizing is always diverse and size 48 for ladies has been added
OFF BIKE CLOTHING
Women motorcycle fans of the BMW Motorrad brand are followers of fashion and the BMW leisure collections offer high-quality clothing and cool accessories to delight the whole family.
The focus is on three collections:
- Style Logo collection is targeted at all those wishing to display their passion for BMW motorcycles through smart shirts, cool jackets and even items of luggage.
- Style Urban takes its cue from the latest city trends as a high-quality fashion and accessories collection featuring discreet labelling
- Style Vintage, finally, presents a laid-back feel and rugged garage look. From T-shirts to sunglasses all the way to tool rolls, sheer cool and style is the name of the game.