For motorcycle riders who live in climates where the changing seasons play a large factor in road safety and accessibility, Mother Nature often becomes a back seat driver, dictating when and where a good weather ride can safely happen. Distracted riding from poor motorcycle gear like wet, cold or uncomfortable feet no longer needs to be an issue when you ride.
Harley-Davidson’s women’s riding boot The Balfour is a new line of performance footwear with state-of-the-art Functional Extreme Riding Gear (FXRG) technology will help to better prepare riders no matter what weather you’ll encounter.
About The Balfour
The women’s Balfour is built as tough as the women who wear it and features performance technology, style, and comfort. The eight-inch moto boot is crafted with TFL Cool System™ leather that helps to keep the inside of the boot up to 54 degrees cooler by reflecting the sun’s rays. TecTuff overlays offer increased abrasion resistance and durability at high-wear areas of the boot while a breathable, Hyrdo-Guard™ membrane lets water vapour out while keeping moisture at bay. The racing-inspired silhouette is paired with a supremely durable Vibram abrasion, oil and slip-resistant outsole offering superior traction and performance for the rider. Foam ankle protection and 3M™ reflective material offers increased protection for the rider and visibility in low-light conditions. A double ankle strap and subtle black metal Bar & Shield branding adorn this boot with unmistakable H-D edge and attitude, ready for all-weather rides.
Innovative Performance Features Stand-Up to Off-Season Riding Challenges
“It’s essential for riders’ safety that they wear protective footwear on the road,” said Amy Lovall, Wolverine World Wide’s product manager of the Harley-Davidson Footwear product line. “The FXRG technology integrated into the new performance riding boots is composed of the best materials the industry has to offer and means safer, more comfortable riding in all weather conditions.”
The new women’s FXRG Balfour is a riding boot with a streamlined and edgy design available exclusively at participating Harley-Davidson dealerships. The styles incorporate some of the industry’s best-in-class performance features for all-season riding.
- Highly durable waterproof, full-grain leather upper
- Crafted with TFL Cool System™ heat-resistant leather that reflects the sun’s rays, helping to keep the boot up to 54 degrees cooler than standard leather
- Locking YKK® inside zipper with Velcro® closure for ease of wear.
- High-wear areas on the boots are doubly protected with abrasion, oil, scuff, stain and water-resistant
- TecTuff overlays that withstand heavy use and are up to 10 years more durable than traditional leathers.
- A HydroGuard™ waterproof membrane lining offers breathable protection from the elements, letting moisture vapour out while preventing water from getting in to the boot, keeping riders feet warm and dry.
- Vibram® abrasion, oil and slip-resistant outsoles offer optimal performance ratings and superior durability and traction on and off the bike.
- 3M™ reflective material provides increased visibility in low-light conditions.
- Cement construction
- Foam ankle protection
- Shaft height: 8″, Heel height: 1.75″
Additional enhanced safety and comfort features including Poron® XRD lining- an open cell foam that goes rigid on contact, absorbing and disbursing energy to provide extreme impact protection in strategic areas on the boot or Flexvent Technology that offers increased flexibility and air flow at crucial flex points delivering a more comfortable experience for the rider.
for the April Showers Spring riding is sure to face the women’s Balfour boots and even two styles for men 0 the Giddens and Hartnell will be available exclusively at Harley-Davidson®dealerships.
Retail from $190. $220. USD
For more info or to order, visit the H-D Footwear website to view the entire line.