Cover Up with High Quality Platinum Shield Motorcycle Cover
Motorcycle covers are to any rider an essential motorcycle kit component. Whether you store your motorcycle indoor or outdoor, a motorcycle cover will protect your motorcycle from countless culprits such as dust, the elements and even inhibit thieves. It is a small investment for an item that’s handy and a key preventative benefiting your long-term motorcycle care.
You might think motorcycles parked or stored in a garage / indoor are invincible to falling debris or dings from car doors – they’re not. A motorcycle cover is really necessary and even more so if you motorcycle has pricey extras or a custom paint job.
My uses over the years have ranged from:
- Indoor parking to prevent dust; keep motorcycle out of sight (while parking in underground parking garage i.e. condo)
- Outdoor / street protection against hail, wind and even snow especially when living in urban city core where indoor parking is scarce.
- Temporary outdoor parking after a ride to the cottage or vacation destination
- During a motorcycle tour or camping to ensure bike is protected from the elements overnight and the guarantee of a dry seat in the morning.
- As an added theft preventative – “out of sight out of mind”. Covers are a fantastic deterrent and will slow thieves down.
Platinum Quality Material Motorcycle Cover is Supreme
Throughout my riding years to present, I’ve owned and now own many motorcycle covers. With that and my experience with motorcycle covers, it’s easy to highlight the must have features important not just to me but to the average motorcyclist.
The quality Platinum Shield Motorcycle Cover offers the best solution for maximum weather protection. Made of a high quality woven polyester fabric with a reflective urethane coating that provides first-rate water and sun resistance. And the inside is lined with an ultra-soft fleece which will is kind to any motorcycle’s finish – just love that feature!
With the added cable and lock set, the gust strap wind protectors – this package is complete!
After testing out Car Cover’s “Platinum Shield Motorcycle Cover” I’ve without a doubt discovered the best cover I’ve ever owned or tried. It covers (unintentional pun) all the must have features and more.
Here are my favourite features:
No Side Mirror Pockets?
Platinum Shield Motorcycle Cover will accommodate your mirrors without pocketing them. Car Covers have engineered them out of the design because mirror pockets are unnecessary and are usually the first part of a motorcycle cover to deteriorate or rip. This ensures that you will get maximum durability from your motorcycle cover.
- The reflective polyester cover material with polyurethane coating sheds water as soon as it hits the cover.
- UV-reflective-silver material protects your vehicle from sun damage and keeps your vehicle cooler.
- Perfect for hot and sunny climates.
- Reduces heat based damage.
- Provides great protection against bird droppings.
- Protects your motorbike clear coat finish from the damaging effects of acid rain.
- This multi-layered motorcycle cover guards your vehicle from tree sap, dust, dirt, and other harmful pollutants.
- Durable synthetic fabric naturally resists mold, rot, and mildew.
- Double stitched seams provide leak protection and fantastic durability.
- An elastic front and rear hem ensures a snug fit.
- Reinforced grommets built into the cover on the left and right side can be used to secure your cover from theft.
- Full (10) ten-year warranty
- Weight: Approximately 5 lbs
- Colour: Reflective Silver
- Free storage bag
- Multi sizes to pick from using Car Covers motorbike size guide
On average motorcycle covers cost anywhere from $100.00 and up.
This cover retails for USD99.95; the cable and lock for 12.95 + a set of Gust Strap Wind Protectors (4 clamps + two bungee cords) USD 14.95
Total kit: USD127.85
Visit the website and view this exact cover here.
Quick Tips for Choosing a Motorcycle Cover
- Determine whether you want an indoor or outdoor cover. An indoor motorcycle cover is primarily designed to keep dust off the bike. It’s generally lightweight and less expensive than an outdoor cover. An outdoor cover is designed to protect motorcycles from weather, wind, debris, minor dents/scratches and in many cases theft. Outdoor motorcycle covers tend to have heat-resistant panels so the cover can be placed over hot exhausts, where an indoor “dust cover” would not have such a feature. An outdoor cover can be used both indoors and outdoors, but an indoor cover should not be used outdoors.
- Decide which features are important to you. Features such as good fit, lock grommets, waterproof, nonabrasive to your motorcycle body finishes, etc. The more the features, generally the higher the price. But it you have to pay a bit more initially, it will be worth it to get what you want the first time, so you won’t have to replace the cover after minimal use.
- Measure your motorcycle – the length, width, and height to have the correct measurements for your cover. Be sure to measure at its widest, longest, and highest points, including attachments, so that your new motorcycle cover will fit well. The motorcycle cover should not extend all the way to the ground. Your motorcycle needs a bit of airflow between its body and the cover, and a bit of clearance will allow the air to circulate.
- Check the sizing. Compare the dimensions of your bike with the dimensions of the cover you’re planning to buy. Purchase the larger size if your motorcycle requires a cover that is between two sizes. Many covers are sized based on the size of the engine; be sure to read the description closely to make sure it’s the proper size for your bike.
And when ordering on Carcovers.com for your motorcycle, be sure to tell them MOTORESS sent you. ;-)
MOTORESS director, Vicki Gray is a basic and advanced motorcycle instructor – certified for over 28 years. She is an on-road and road racing motorcycle licensing examiner and has instructed, examined and licensed riders for European, Caribbean and North American training institutes.