The 2nd annual Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival (TMFF) will take place September 27 – 30, 2018 at the Revue Cinema. The festival combines a passion for motorcycles and storytelling and is the first and only Canadian film festival dedicated to screening the newest and best motorcycle and moto-culture films curated from around the world.
The festival presents a mix of full feature and short films produced by large and independent filmmakers and includes red-carpet Q&A sessions with attending filmmakers, producers and cast, as well as juried awards.
TORONTO MOTORCYCLE FILM FESTIVAL 2018 JUDGING PANEL will select the winners for the various film categories including Best Canadian Film, Best Feature Film, and Best Short Film. The panel includes entrepreneur and journalist, Vicki Gray.
A panel of judges from the media, industry and motorcycle community will choose the winning films for Best Canadian Film, Best Short and Best Feature Film, while the audience will vote for their favourite film which will receive the People’s Choice award.
The Motorcycle Film Festival the Official Selection list of films features 23 current films from across the globe including six World Premieres.
- 3 WHEELING dir. Nathan Russell-Raby;
- BLACK LIGHTNING: THE ROLLIE FREE STORY dir. Zach Siglow;
- BOUTONNIÈRE dir. Paolo Asuncion;
- CRITCHLOW dirs. Lauren Schneider and Rocco DeLuca;
- DIRTBAG II: THE RETURN OF THE RATTLER dir. Paolo Asuncion;
- DISADVISES dirs. Rafael Bedoni and Gabriel Davini;
- FASTER POWERED BY EATSLEEPRIDE dir. Cam Elkins;
- THE FROZEN FEW dir. Stephen Marino;
- I HATE LADIES dirs. Sofia Wikelid and Vanja Lamm and Agnes Wentzel Blank;
- MOTORCYCLE BOY – THE LEGENDARY TIGERMAN; dirs. James Coton and Masato Riesser,
- NO HIGHWAY dir. Virgil Héroux Laferté;
- THE ONE MOTO SHOW 2018 “OFFICIAL” FILM dir. Matthew Sander;
- THE RACE dir. Lucas Guerineau,
- RALLY FOR RANGERS dir. Jeff Colhoun;
- THE SOBBING SCOOTERIST dir. Liza Miller;
- SONS OF SPEED dir. Jeff Maher;
- SOUTH OF THE WALL dir. Sinuhe Xavier;
- SURVIVOR dir. Cam Elkins;
- TRANSCEND dirs. Ethan Vara and Brian Walsh;
- THE UNFAMILIAR ROAD dir. Daniel Greening;
- THE ULTIMATE RIDE dirs. Edgard Ferreira and Adam Dostalek;
- VIETNAM ROAD TRIP dir. William Shears;
- THE WORLD’S SLOWEST HARLEY dirs. Léo Terreros and Pierre André Lhomme,
On the final day of the Festival there will be a bonus program screening before the Awards Presentation and TMFF Talks. A panel of judges (MOTORESS Vicki Gray included!) will select winners for Best Feature Film, Best Short Documentary and Best Short Narrative. In addition, the Festival audience will vote for their favourite film which will receive the People’s Choice Award.
The Awards Presentation will be held on September 30th. Immediately following the awards presentation, a TMFF Talks Q&A panel session will be held comprising of attending filmmakers and members of the Judging Panel.
More About the TMFF
The Toronto Motorcycle Film Festival combines a passion for motorcycles and storytelling. The Festival is dedicated to screening the newest and best motorcycle and moto-culture films curated from around the world. Detailed film and ticket information can be found online at the Festival’s website.