Privacy Notice – Highlights
Last Updated: December 30, 2019
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
When you use or interact with a website, mobile app or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) operated by MOTORESS we and third parties may obtain certain information about you. In this Highlights section, we provide an overview of our privacy practices related to the Digital Services. Please review our full Privacy Notice below for a detailed explanation of our practices.
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account or register for a membership through the Digital Services. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift card.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This collection may take place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the Digital Services, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To learn about users of the Digital Services and analyse how you and others interact with and respond to the Digital Services.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyse the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
Who we are
We are MOTORESS, the number one global online community and magazine for women riders and motorcycle riders. Our website address is: https://motoress.com. We are located at 2255B Queen Street East, Suite 133, Toronto, Ontario M4E 1G3 CANADA
Our Data Promise to you
The MOTORESS is absolutely committed to respecting and protecting your data whilst it is in our care. We collect your personal information because it helps us to understand your needs and guides the way in which we interact and communicate with you about our products and services now and in the future. We have strict policies and procedures in place to protect your data when you send it to us; when we process it in order to provide you with the services you have requested; or, where you have given us your permission to do so, to send you information that we think you’ll find interesting, and thereafter when we store your data on our secure servers.
To comply with our legal obligations.
We process and share your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations when we use your information to protect our rights or the rights of others and when we share your information with other parties where required by law or as necessary to protect our rights. For example, we are required to collect certain information from you when processing your subscription payment for tax or financial reporting reasons.
With your consent
How do we keep it secure?
We hold your personal data on our secure systems, mainly based with Canada, USA and the European Economic Area (EEA). When we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, we ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be transferred with the correct protection in place. This includes the use of Model Contractual Arrangements as approved by the European Commission and the EU-US Privacy Shield
We will always be transparent about how we plan to use your data so that you have the choice whether or not to give it to us. We respect your preferences and will do our best to make sure that we keep our promises.
Leaving our website and moving on to third party websites
Cookies and how we use them
- To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
- We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
- We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
- To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
How We Share Information
- Within MOTORESS.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our Digital Services that integrate tools and services provided by social medial platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
- You may take steps to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or for certain Digital Services, by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The Digital Services are operated from the United States. Information may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
- The Digital Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
- Additional disclosures and rights apply to California residents and European visitors. These are included at the end of this Privacy Notice.
If you have questions about our Privacy Notice you can contact us.