Last Updated: June 13, 2018
When you use or interact with a website, mobile app or other digital service (each a “Digital Service”) operated by MOTORESS we and third parties may obtain certain information about you. In this section, we provide an overview of our privacy practices related to the Digital Services. Please review our full Privacy Notice below for a detailed explanation of our practices.
What Information We Obtain
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services, including when you sign up for newsletters, create an account or register for a membership through the Digital Services. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information collected by automated means such as cookies or pixels. This may include information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This collection may take place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
How We Use Information We Obtain
- To process your requests and provide you with the Digital Services, including to deliver customized content or recommendations. Note that we use your payment card information (such as your card number and expiration date) for limited purposes such as to process your transaction (including recurring payments, if applicable), to provide you with the requested products or services and to protect our rights or the rights of others.
- To communicate with you, including to send you marketing and promotional communications.
- For advertising and marketing purposes, including to deliver interest-based ads, for cross-device linking and to analyse the performance of advertising and marketing activities.
- To protect our rights and the rights of others.
How We Share Information
- Within the MOTORESS family of companies.
- With service providers that perform services or handle transactions on our behalf.
- With advertisers, advertising- and marketing-related services providers and partners as well as companies that help us learn how you and others interact with our content.
- With social media platforms and similar services, including when you interact with our Digital Services that integrate tools and services provided by social medial platforms.
- With business partners, such as when we partner with a third party to offer products or services on a co-branded basis.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our rights, and in the context of corporate transactions.
- With your consent or otherwise at your direction.
Your Choices, Including Marketing and Interest-Based Ads Opt-Outs
- You may take steps to limit the use of your information for interest-based advertising on your browser or mobile device. See here for more information.
- You may unsubscribe from our marketing or promotional emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails, or for certain Digital Services, by logging into your account and adjusting your preferences.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
- The Digital Services are operated from the United States and Canada. Information may be processed and stored in the United States or other countries.
- The Digital Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 13.
- If you are accessing the Digital Services from the European Economic Area, additional provisions may be relevant for you. These are included at the end of this Privacy Notice.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal Information” may include information such as your name, postal address, email, and telephone number. You voluntarily provide this information to us, for example, when you register with our Website (e.g., to access the Member Portal) or make a request for information or services. We may use this information for purposes including responding to your requests as well as to provide you access to features. See the section entitled “How We Use Information” for more detail. We do not sell or rent your Personal Information to others except as otherwise disclosed in this policy. If necessary, our Website may collect payment and payment instrument information from you for the purpose of billing you for products, services, or event tickets you purchase through our Website.
COLLECTING NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We also use Google Analytics to obtain high-level “audience measurement” data such as the referral web domain, type of operating system/browser used, date and time of visit, and other information relating to activities on our Website to understand its usage better, analyse trends, and optimize the Website experience. To help ensure such data within Google Analytics cannot be linked back to an identifiable user, the last octet of all IP Addresses collected have been anonymized, ‘Sharing With Google,’ ‘Remarketing and Advertising,’ and ‘Demographics and Interests’ features have been disabled, and retention of analytics has been set to 14 months. For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt-out please click here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
- Conduct internal research;
- Operate and administer our Website;
- Ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions;
- Respond to your requests for products, services, and/or information;
- Communicate with you about MOTORESS products, services, events, promotions, and other items we believe will be of interest to you;
- Fulfil your purchases or registrations; and
- Provide member services.
OPERATIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, CO-SPONSORS, AND LINKS TO OTHERS
We may use third parties for the purpose of administering, operating, configuring our Website, maintaining and providing internal support for our Website (including data storage), and distributing our online, email, messaged, or web-based newsletters and other information. We will refer to these third parties as our “operational service providers.”
Further, our Website may contain or display information from sponsors, co-sponsors, operational service providers, or others that offer to make information, products, and/or services available, and/or that provide opportunities to participate in promotions or engage in activities or that link or redirect your browser to other websites, web pages, materials, or organizations.
Even if we have a relationship with a third party you may encounter or see on our Website, the links or references to third parties or any of their websites, including any cookies or other technology they may use on such websites, are not under our control and they have their own terms, conditions, policies, and practices that apply to you in connection with their websites, including those concerning collection, use and disclosure of your information (including Personal Information).
Some The MOTORESS services, such as seminars, educational events, workshops, newsletters, may be co-sponsored in conjunction with other companies that are not under the control of The MOTORESS. Whenever we are involved in the provision of such services, we will disclose the name of our co-sponsor. Co-sponsors of these MOTORESS services are not under our control and when you participate, register, or engage in other online activities related to these co-sponsored The MOTORESS services, you should be aware that you are providing your information, which may include Personal Information, to us and the co-sponsor, and that their policies, practices, terms and conditions, and not ours, apply to their collection and use of your information.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website or take advantage links or other references, many of which may direct you or your Internet browser to websites or web pages of another party. You should read their privacy statements and the terms and conditions that apply because we are not responsible for any of the terms or conditions, privacy practices, the content, functions, features, activities, and/or transactions you may engage in when you are not using our Website.
We may share Personal Information with our operational service providers to assist us in connection with our Website, or other services we provide. We also reserve the right to share Personal Information:
- When compelled by a governmental agency, law, regulation, a court or other legal process;
- If we believe you are, have or may violate any law, regulation or our Terms and Conditions;
- If we believe you are or may be a threat to safety, security, property, interests or rights of us or anyone else;
- In order to investigate, respond to or resolve problems or inquiries or protect, enforce or defend our rights, assets and/or interests; and
- In a merger, acquisition, change of control, partial or total sale or transfer of assets including in a bankruptcy proceeding, joint venture, or other business combination.
If you register on or with our Website, you acknowledge that you will receive information and updates about our Website, products, or services You may opt out of receiving marketing or similar email communications from us by using our contact form or by following the unsubscribe instructions we will include in each email we send you. Please note that you may not opt-out of transactional emails related to your account or purchases.
As you may appreciate, the Internet is a public network and we cannot guarantee that communications between you and The MOTORESS or others to, through, or from our Website, will be free from unauthorized access or interference by third parties. By using our Website, you are agreeing to assume this risk and any and all responsibility and liability that may arise. We have put in place reasonable procedures to help safeguard information and we limit access to your Personal Information to only those employees, contractors, service providers, volunteers, or other personnel under appropriate commitments of confidentiality and who need access in order to perform their duties.
UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will provide you with a mechanism to allow and enable you to correct or update the Personal Information in our current records that we have obtained from you. You can also review and change your Personal Information by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Certain Personal Information may not be changed without authentication and you may be asked to provide additional information to allow us to verify your identity in order to change those. If you ask us to remove your Personal Information, we reserve the right to retain as much of your Personal Information and for so long as necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, internal audit, and record-keeping requirements.
For questions relating to privacy, we can be contacted at: email@example.com or by mail, proper postage prepaid, at MOTORESS, 2255B Queen Street East, Suite 133, Toronto, Ontario M4E 1G3 CANADA – Attention: Privacy Administrator.