Holiday Season Gift Guide For The Motorcycle Rider
Tis’ the season to think of others. Motorcycle riders seem to be always riding for one cause or another and known for their big-hearted nature. Our Motorcycle Rider Holiday Gift Guide gives yet more chances to play it forward. We at MOTORESS believe this time of year is the perfect time to extend a helping hand to those less fortunate – to those in need. So here below is our list of good causes which make the perfect gift that gives twice!
Holiday Gifts for the Motorcycle Rider
- LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER: Helping Women With Cancer. MOTORESS is Proud Partner of the Look Good Feel Better Program to Support Women with Cancer. Since 1992, Look Good Feel Better has been empowering women with cancer to face their illness and its treatment with courage; to look towards the future with greater confidence. Created with the belief that if a woman with cancer can be helped to look good, chances are she’ll feel better, her spirits will be lifted and she’ll be empowered to face her illness with greater confidence. With Look Good Feel Better women learn simple cosmetic tips and hair alternative techniques to help them manage the appearance-related effects of their illness. DONATE HERE
- RIDERS FOR HEALTH: Managing over 1,400 motorcycles, ambulances and other four-wheeled vehicles used in the delivery of health care in seven countries across Africa. Riders for Health are an international social enterprise who manage and support vehicles for health-focused partners in sub-Saharan Africa. Their expertise in transport management enables health workers to deliver vital health care to rural communities on a reliable and cost-effective basis. Visit the website.
- BMF FOUNDATION: The British Motorcyclist’s Federation Foundation is a charity designed to fund research and sponsor work to improve the life of the everyday motorcyclist. Give a membership, funds support the cause!
- GO RED FOR WOMEN: Go Red For Women encourages awareness of the issue of women and heart disease, and also action to save more lives. The movement harnesses the energy, passion and power women have to band together and collectively wipe out heart disease. It challenges them to know their risk for heart disease and take action to reduce their personal risk. It also gives them the tools they need to lead a heart healthy life. Make a donation
- HARLEY-DAVIDSON’S MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY ASSOCIATION: Support for MDA began in 1980 and since then, the Harley-Davidson family of customers, dealers, suppliers and employees has raised more than $65 million to aid research and program services for children and adults with muscular dystrophy. The funds raised support life-saving research, comprehensive medical care for children and adults with neuromuscular disease, and MDA summer camps. Go to their website and click on “Make a Donation” in the name of the person on your holiday list.
- WORLD VISION – GOAT OR FIVE DUCKS: World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender. World Vision Website.
- BREAST CANCER RESEARCH FUND: The mission of The Breast Cancer Research Foundation is to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer in our lifetime by providing critical funding for creative clinical and translational research at leading medical centres worldwide, and increasing public awareness about good breast health. DONATE HERE
- DONATE TO IAVI: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative – AIDS remains the fourth leading cause of death in low-income countries, according to the World Health Organization. IAVI supports a comprehensive response to this crisis. IAVI and its partners are advancing the portfolio of select preventative HIV vaccine candidates. They are the science and the advocacy. Website.
- SUSAN G. KOMEN FOR THE CURE: Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and launched the global breast cancer movement. is the boldest community fuelling the best science and making the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer. Purchase for a Purpose > online shop
- RIDE FOR SIGHT (Canada-WIDE): is the single largest private fundraising initiative for vision research in the world. To-date, Ride for Sight has raised more than $19 million in support of the Foundation Fighting Blindness, the only organization in Canada whose mandate is to fund research for blindness caused by retinal degenerations. To DONATE GO HERE
Here at MOTORESS, we realize there are many, many great causes to support. With our Motorcycle Rider Holiday Gift Guide we trust you’ll find something which resonates with you and that you’ll find we are all on the same page when it comes to – the gift of giving. Happy Holidays!