Yamaha YZF R3 Sportbike All New Lightweight Sporty Fun for 2015
Yamaha has upped their game in the entry sports class with the exciting new “R3” adding to the renowned Yamaha “R” series and superbike performance! Its new twin cylinder 320 cc liquid cooled engine and an all new chassis, the R3 offers a solid combination of class-leading a slim, lightweight chassis for agile handling’ and legendary Yamaha superbike styling, all at super value. This new Yamaha he perfect recipe for a super fun riding experience!
The YZF R3’s racetrack look and the low seat height of 30.7” make it available to a wide variety of riders looking for their first motorcycle or just prefer a lightweight, agile machine.
The YZF R3 features top notch components like KYB front suspension, lightweight aluminium 10-spoke wheels and a newly designed compact LCD instrument panel that displays all the important data at a glance.
- Large 321cc twin-cylinder engine offers excellent performance whether navigating cross-town traffic, hitting the twisties, or on the racetrack.
- Yamaha Supersport inspired styling with a full fairing in a chassis that makes it perfect for first time riders or experienced riders who prefer a lightweight, nimble machine.
- Forged pistons just like the R1 and R6 are both lightweight and provide strength while the offset cylinders reduce friction for more power.
- The YZF-R3 offers a riding position that is very comfortable and the clip-on handlebars deliver a sporty rider position.
- With a seat height of only 30.7 inches and a flat seat design on the YZF-R3, it’s easy to get both feet firmly on the ground and inspire confidence, especially for beginner riders.
- Three beautiful livery options are available which means there is a colour choice that is right for you.
Yamaha 2015 YZF-R3 Features
- Newly developed 321cc, liquid-cooled, in-line 2-cylinder DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, fuel-injected engine delivers excellent power and performance throughout the powerband.
- With a compression ratio of 11.2:1 the engine develops maximum power at 10,750 rpm for an exciting ride.
- With a 180 degree crank design the machine provides a compact engine design and superior feeling when accelerating through the rpm range.
- Downdraft induction fuel injection provides easy starts and smooth performance in all conditions.
- Yamaha’s all-aluminium DiASil cylinder is used to ensure excellent heat dissipation and the unique design reduces horsepower loss.
- Forged aluminium pistons, same technology used for the R1 and R6 means lighter weight and excellent strength at higher temperatures while the offset cylinder helps reduce horsepower loss at the point of combustion.
- Newly designed steel frame and swing-arm.
- Powerful 298mm floating mount front disc brake ensure excellent stopping power while a 220mm floating disc handles the braking performance on the back.
- 41mm KYB® front suspension offers 5.1 inches of travel for rider comfort and control.
- 10 spoke cast aluminium wheels are both strong and high in style while reducing unsprung weight.
- The multi-function meter informs the rider of gear position, fuel capacity, real time and average fuel economy, water temp, clock, two trip meters and an oil change indicator light.
- Legendary R-series styling and performance are inherent with the YZF-R3. Great styling matched to excellent engine performance and chassis design are the hallmarks of Yamaha’s R-series and YZF-R3 carries on the heritage with great
The Yamaha YZF R3 is available in three colour options:
Yamaha Blue, Vivid Red and Metallic Black.
Retail Price: USD4990.00 – CAD4999.00